Kratom Ban - Latest Updates
- Please note, the US Postal Service states that the "typical" delivery time for Priority Mail is 2-3 days but, this is NOT a guaranteed service by them or us. During the month of December customers can expect a 2-3 day delay when using Priority Mail and a longer delay when using our free shipping which is First Class. The ONLY guaranteed shipping service is Express Mail. Express Mail is delivered within 1-2 days (not always overnight). Should you're order not arrive on time when using this service simply contact us and we will gladly issue you a credit for any shipping fee.
- 01/19/2018 - WELCOME BACK TENNESSEE! After much debate we finally have a clear interpretation of the law from the Tennessee Attorney General's Office which states, "Kratom in it's all natural form in NOT illegal." Tennessee customers can once again resume placing orders with us online or phone as of today.
- 10/13/2016 - We are currently awaiting advice from the American Kratom Association as to best approach we should take during the public comment period. Check back for updates.
- 10/12/2016 - DEA HAS WITHDRAWN NOTICE OF INTENT TO BAN KRATOM! To view this publication in the Federal Register click here.
- 10/072016 - No final rule has been published in the Federal Register. Kratom is still legal for now.
WHITE HOUSE PETITION
HAVE YOU SIGNED THE WHITE HOUSE PETITION TO PREVENT KRATOM FROM BECOMING A SCHEDULE I SUBSTANCE? CLICK HERE TO SIGN!
THE AKA - FIGHTING FOR OUR RIGHT
The American Kratom Association was formed in 2014 and officially launched in 2015, to protect the right of all Americans to use the natural botanical Kratom for improved health and well-being.
HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP KRATOM LEGAL
We asking everybody to do their part. Together we are making a difference! Below are steps you can take to help prevent Kratom from becoming a Schedule 1 substance.
Quote from Susan Ash :
Here are things you can be doing until we hear details about the public comment period. In quotes are examples of what to say:
1) KEEP calling the DEA (202) 307-1000
"I am a responsible adult who uses Kratom to improve my health and well-being and I urge you not to place it into an emergency schedule 1, but to go through a rigorous public and scientific comment process instead."
2) KEEP calling and e-mailing your congressperson and Senator (202) 224-3121.
Press #1 for Senate and #2 for House. BUT! Please make sure you also call your local district office since Congress is now in recess. For e-mails - Find your Rep - here http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/ And your Senator here - http://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/ Send copies of the letters (all in the files here). If they signed on to any of the letters, tell them thank you and ask if they could personally follow-up by calling the DEA directly for a response. If they didn't sign any of the letters ask if they would be willing to send one of their own (if they have questions you can't answer, let us know in this thread which we'll keep bumped and we'll have AKA or our lobbyists follow up).
3) Find out where your Congress people are going to be for public events, town halls, election events, etc.
(because they are in your state campaigning right now) and SHOW UP dressed professionally (or looking sharp in one of the many #iamkratom shirts out there - no signs, these types of events don't usually allow anyone to bring signs). Take copies of the 4 congressional letters to try and hand to them. Be prepared to ask a question about Kratom publicly or face-to-face before or after the event. "There is a move right now by the DEA to emergency schedule Kratom, a botanical used safely throughout the world for hundreds of years to improve health and well-being, as a schedule 1 controlled substance; the most restrictive category claiming no medicinal value. Kratom helped give me my life back and is saving the lives of tens of thousands throughout the U.S. during an opioid epidemic. What's your take on the DEA trying to schedule a plant and turn me into a felon, further mucking up our already overtaxed criminal justice system, for using something that's drastically improved my life and the lives of hundreds of thousands of others?"
4) Start drafting what you would like to submit during the comment period.
We will try and come up with some template letters.